Monday, February 9, 2009

flies and helpers

Ali and Ava were allowed to help us paint a little bit the other day.  Here they are with their brushes and showing off their hard work.  They did great and had a blast!  
BELOW:  These are the latest thing for feed lot houses... fly tape.  Lots and lots of it:)  we are using it to decorate every room.  It I was a cow I would want someone to wrap me in this.
I will post pictures of our stinky friends later on.
A few funnies:  1) Ali calls the trucks that they haul 'fertlilizer' in the "poop trucks".  They run in and out of the feed lot all throughout the day.  "Cows poop too much."  - Ali Mae

2) Ali walked into this little house and said, "What a nice house!"  Paint peeling off the walls and dead flies everywhere - my girl put it into perspective for me!  It is a great house and we are truly thankful.  I can't wait to move in.

This is a great adventure for our family and I am sure that we will learn a lot!  We will post pics as we make progress!

love to all!


7 comments:

Leslie said...

You are already beginning to make memories! That's what I love to see! :)

The Feather Files said...

Haha!

Jeanette said...

lol! the fly paper made me laugh out loud. thanks for sharing abby! it all about attitude isn't it! keeping you in my prayers :)

Saul and Ashley said...

Ab, I love reading your blog. Your girls are just TOO CUTE! Good luck with everything. What a big chance but a wonderful one! Keep us updated!
~Ashley

jablott said...

Fun times...

painting with toddlers = goodbye perfectionism!

Sean nearly had a heart attack when I let Parker help paint Owen's room.....I went ahead and put Owen's crib in front of the part where Parker painted :)!

Glad to see the girls smiling....hope you are smiling too in your cute little red house on a feedlot. We need to talk soon, call me when you have a free moment....

love ya!

Kathy said...

Oh my goodness Ab! So great! It looks like you all are doing a fabulous job, so true, what great memories!

I love me little red houses. :)
(Our move in looked similar to yours...bugs and all!)

Thinking and praying for you all.
xoxo

Laura said...

the girls look like they love painting!! i think they need to come help us! :) miss you guys. hope the repairs are nearly done so you gave move into your new home soon!

For Justin and Laura

Click on me

Aria's pushups!

Children's Museum

Imperial Trip

Birthday Parties!

Princess Dance

Aria must be teething...